Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas in China!

Happy Holidays friends and family!

While I don't think I need to be "politically correct" in China by saying "happy holidays," I thought I'd start with that because Christmas and New Years has already passed and I have failed to blog before now!

Anyways, the Christmas season in China has been quite different then anything I've experienced. Having spent every prior Christmas at home with family and friends, it has been a hard season but also rather exciting and rewarding. We spent our Christmas Eve and Christmas "in session" with our students, and this was a special opportunity to witness to our students and share our culture and traditions with them. Even though it was hard to work on Christmas, it distracted most of us from thinking about being with loved ones at home. It also was unique because we were not only celebrating the birth of our Savior but we were doing His work on the day that we were remembering his birth. If you click the link below and navigate to my new album called "Christmas Session" you will see some new pictures that will explain more. Enjoy them!

http://picasaweb.google.com/kyleghansen/ChristmasSession#

As of now, I am spending quality time with Anna Veldt and Eric Chen and we are about to hop on a train to go north up to Harbin where the annual Ice Lantern Festival is held. It's supposed to be between 25 below and 8 degrees above freezing. It will be epic!

Kyle

No comments: